Banana Caramel Cream Dessert
I like dessert with banana, and I love pastry cream. The only thing I don’t like very much is whipped cream, of course here it comes in a perfect combination with the other ingredients, it makes this dessert just fantastic.
- Vanilla Pastry Cream (recipe below)
- Bananas (I used two bananas for 6 small dessert servings)
- Good quality caramel sauce, or dulce de leche.
- Fresh whipped cream (I used 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream and 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar)
- Graham Cracker crumble (recipe below)
- Vanilla Pastry Cream
- 2/3 cup sugar (can be reduced to 1/2 cup if you prefer desserts less sweet)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract (or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste)